28 September 2011

Week 1 - First Q&A! Meet the class, meet the mentor

These last few days have been crazy excitement-wise! After being assigned to the "Tuesday 7AM" class, with John Nguyen - we got to chat for a while and I was really sad about having to change my class, as I considered him as my new master already! But then when I knew where I was reassigned to, it totally made up for it! My mentor is Chad Stewart, the lead animator of one of my very favorite animation movie: Surf's Up! Between others he was also in Tarzan, The Simpsons, Open Season, Stuart Little, etc. Amazing, right? I told him Surf's Up inspired me greatly, both in Animating and Surfing itself, and that me and my brother were big fans, and he said that it was great to animate it, as he's also a surfer! Coool!
It was also very nice to know that Sue, Tom and Yuri are in my class, they're really cool people I've met before starting this adventure!
For this week our assignment is to meet people and get used to the AM system. pretty easy!
I'll leave you with a picture of the Q&A (not me on cam, i totally forgot to take a screenshot! :( - it's Yuri!) and two clips of Chad's Work. Look forward to see the next update, I will have assignments then!
Ciao!
Great Scene
Surf's Up cool scenes
Chad's Reel

And something I've just made :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Fonzo, nice images you have made there! Good luck for your class, enjoy the lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mariel here from AM :D You're under Chad Stewart? Coolio :) Thanks for the comments on my workspace btw, see you around the campus :)

    ReplyDelete